Serving our local community
As an approved provider of residential aged care services to our community for more than 50 years, St George Aged Care Centre has deep connections to local families and strong links to the area health network. Our home has been delivering quality care with a proud record of complaince and effective governance.
We can help with the decision making process and answer your questions
Services at St George Aged Care Centre
Your health and wellbeing matter to us
We develop your care plan around your individual needs and personal preferences. When it comes to your care needs our dedicated staff combine with your Doctor and other allied health professionals to deliver the supports you require.
What’s included at St George Aged Care Centre?
- Quality nursing care 24/7
- Pain Management
- Lifestyle and Wellbeing programs
- Exercise Group
- Music and Art Therapy
- Cultural Activities
- Palliative Care
- Spiritual and Pastoral Care
- Volunteers and Community Visitors
Additional Services - Costs associated
- Coffee shop
When can I start my care?
- Once you have successfully completed an Aged Care Assessment you are eligible to receive respite or permanent care services
How much does it cost?
- The Australian Government pays for most of the costs of your care, however, you will pay a portion of your fees as well as other personal expenses such as medications.
- The Basic Daily Fee applies to all recipients and covers your daily living costs. The fee is currently set at 85 percent of the full single age pension.
- A means-tested care fee is your contribution towards the cost of your care and will be determined once you submit your income and asset assessment form to Centrelink. There are annual and lifetime caps in place to limit the amount of the means-tested care fee you can be asked to pay.
- Accommodation costs, known as a RAD/RAC or DAP/DAC, is specific to the cost of your room. Not everyone is required to pay accommodation costs as they are dependent on your financial situation and level of Government assistance.
- Additional service fees may apply – ask us about what additional services are available.
Offer and Acceptance
- Once we offer you and you accept a place in our home you will be asked to sign a resident agreement. This is a legal document spelling out the services and fees plus your rights and responsibilities.
- We recommend seeking independent financial advice from a recognised aged care financial planner to help you understand the costs and make the right decision.